Terminal Emulator for Mac. Commander One is a dual-panel file manager for Mac offering lots of handy features. Get more control over your files with the Command Line bar in the main application window, and fully maintain your file structure and system processes with the built-in Mac Terminal emulator. ITerm2 lets you slice up a single window into multiple panes, each with its own independent. Yakuake – (Yet Another Kuake) a drop-down terminal for KDE. Rxvt – lightweight terminal emulator. Aterm (from rxvt 2.4.8) created for use with the AfterStep window manager (no longer maintained) Eterm (from rxvt 2.21) created for use with Enlightenment.
ZTerm is a well known terminal emulation program thats been around for years, updated for Intel Macs. It supports VT100 emulation, which means it sorta kinda works with Meridian Mail (Function keys on a MacBook: fn + f-key). ITerm2 is a free and open source terminal emulator that offers users a robust search tool.
|Platform||x86-64, IA-32, PowerPC|
Terminal (Terminal.app) is the terminal emulator included in the macOSoperating system by Apple. Terminal originated in NeXTSTEP and OPENSTEP, the predecessor operating systems of macOS.
Free Terminal Emulator For Mac
As a terminal emulator, the application provides text-based access to the operating system, in contrast to the mostly graphical nature of the user experience of macOS, by providing a command-line interface to the operating system when used in conjunction with a Unix shell, such as zsh (the default shell in macOS Catalina). The user can choose other shells available with macOS, such as the KornShell, tcsh, and bash.
The preferences dialog for Terminal.app in OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and later offers choices for values of the TERM environment variable. Available options are ansi, dtterm, nsterm, rxvt, vt52, vt100, vt102, xterm, xterm-16color and xterm-256color, which differ from the OS X 10.5 (Leopard) choices by dropping the xterm-color and adding xterm-16color and xterm-256color. These settings do not alter the operation of Terminal, and the xterm settings do not match the behavior of xterm.
Terminal includes several features that specifically access macOS APIs and features. These include the ability to use the standard macOS Help search function to find manual pages and integration with Spotlight. Terminal was used by Apple as a showcase for macOS graphics APIs in early advertising of Mac OS X, offering a range of custom font and coloring options, including transparent backgrounds.
Serial Terminal Emulator For Mac
- iTerm2, GPL-licensed terminal emulator for macOS
- Terminator, open-source terminal emulator programmed in Java
- ^'What Is Mac OS X - All Applications and Utilities - Terminal'. Apple Inc. Archived from the original on May 10, 2013.
- ^Wünschiers, Röbbe (January 1, 2004). Computational Biology: Unix/Linux, data processing and programming : with 19 figures and 12 tables. Springer Science & Business Media. ISBN9783540211426.
- ^'Use zsh as the default shell on your Mac'. Apple Support. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- ^ abMcElhearn, Kirk (December 26, 2006). The Mac OS X Command Line: Unix Under the Hood. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN9780470113851.
- ^Kissell, Joe (January 1, 2009). Take Control of the Mac Command Line with Terminal. TidBITS Publishing, Inc. ISBN9781933671550.
- ^'nsterm - AppKit Terminal.app', terminfo.src, retrieved June 7, 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Terminal (macOS).|