Back from the dead. Switched to GitHub instead of Google Code since they are going to close soon.
I will be updating this little app over the course of the next days and hopefully release it in better shape. A lot of people has filed issues with it and I plan to sort them out.
Better late than never some might say. I hope that is not too late for this app to get new light.
Previous Project linkhttps://code.google.com/p/symlinker/
A simpler alternative is the free SymbolicLinker.This OS X add-on—which is provided as a services plug-in for OS X 10.6 and later, and as a contextual-menu plug-in for OS X 10.5 and earlier. Symlinker for mac osx social advice Mac users interested in Symlinker for mac osx generally download: SymLinker 1.0. Quickly create symbolic links on Mac OS X. SymLinker is a simple open source cocoa gui for creating symbolic links. Install symlinker. I got symlinker for my mac and a I am a bit unsure of the step by step in symlinker. I'm working on my courage.:) Comment by CrazyPhish32 Followed this guide the other week and it works great, thanks! Comment by koota79. Trusted Mac download SymLinker 1.0.2. Virus-free and 100% clean download. Get SymLinker alternative downloads.
With this utility you can use the symlink application Microsoft Windows has well hidden inside the cmd.exe app.
Symlinker For Mac Os
The goal is just make it easier to create symbolic links, hard links, or directory junctions, using a pretty simple interface, so no more bogus command line to do it...
This application needs .Net Framework 3.5 to run (SP1 recommended) and as of 4/24/2015 this software will only work under
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 and 8.1
Windows XP doesn't have the mklink command available from the cmd.exe app.
If you encounter a bug, please let me know in the issues section, I will look into it when I have the time!
Thanks for your downloads and support, hope you like it!
- Get a real code signing certificate
- Rework the code to be better
Version 220.127.116.11 04/22/2015
- Added. Added ability to run as an administrator with UAC enabled, with this support for Windows 8 and 8.1 is done.
- Disabled. Unfortunately Drag&Drop does not work when running as an administrator More Info
Version 18.104.22.168 04/22/2015
- Added. Added Drag&Drop into the directory fields
- Fixed. Finally Error Handling has been implemented, now the app will show you if the link wasn't created and why.
Version 22.214.171.124 04/22/2015
- Updated mail contact
- Moved issues from Google Code
- Updated installation link
Version 126.96.36.199 08/31/2013
- Uploaded to GitHub
- Added ClickOnce check for updates support, get updates as automatically upon app launch (Still work in progress)
- Minor Changes (Almost nothing)
Version 188.8.131.52 10/30/2010
- Fixed. Minor Bug Fixes. Thanks to some of you for pointing me out to them!.
- Modified. A little GUI redesign, just to support foreign Windows OS.
- Minor code revisions.
- TODO. Add UAC support for those folks with that enabled.
- TODO. Manage errors thrown by mklink, currently it just succeeds even if the link wasn't created confusing user.
Version 184.108.40.206 7/26/2010
- Fixed. Minor Bug Fixes.
- Added. Added back the functionality to choose network locations, it was disabled for an unknown reason :P.
Version 220.127.116.11 3/20/2010
- Fixed. Error changing the type of symbolic link from file to folder.
- Added. Tooltips with some information.
Version 18.104.22.168 2/6/2010
- Fixed. Display Microsoft as publisher of the application, now it displays the name of the app.
Version 22.214.171.124 2/3/2010
- Added. Functionality to create file symbolic links, previously only folder symlinks could be created,
- -Thanks to jasoneg for the suggestion-.
Version 126.96.36.199 8/16/2009
- Fixed a minor bug when you try to create links in a folder that already has a folder equally named.
- Added better looking icon for Windows 7 users, though it will only work with the installable version.
OS X El Capitan download version 10.11.1 update released by the Apple in October 2015. The OS X El Capitan download 10.11.1 update came with significant new features to increase security, compatibility and also the stability of OS X El Capitan. This is the most advanced coded OS X version before the macOS Sierra and also is the most flexible operating system for the Apple Mac devices
The original release of El Capitan through Mac Apps Store already had the new features of Notes, Spotlight, Photos, and Safari compared to the last OS X version Yosemite. As an example, Safari was able to stream videos through AirPlay with Apple TV without showing the entire web page on the TV screen. Spotlight also increased its performance on news, sports scores, weather and stocks information sharing. The Notes had improvements such as to do lists feature and also it highly perform on text processing similar to iOS 9 notes application.
What’s new with OS X El Capitan download version 10.11.1
- The VoiceOver feature updated to increase the reliability of using.
- Unicode 7.0 and Unicode 8.0 support used to add more than 150 new emoji characters.
- There was an issue when mailing, the outgoing server information lost some situations. The OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 download update fixed that issue.
- Allows to Microsoft office 2016 to work more flexible on Mac OS without any restrictions.
- Upgrading El Capitan with the previous version through installer was got some improvements.
- There were some issues in El Capitan original release on audio units plugins. They did not works and functions properly. The El Capitan 10.11.1 download version fixed the issue.
- Fixed the problem on JPEG image view problem.
Security Updates On El Capitan 10.11.1
- Accelerate Framework: - fixed the memory issue occurred when multithreading mode.
- apache mod php issue fixed
- ATS: - ATS memory issue fixed.
System Requirements For OS X El Capitan Download Version 10.11.1
You can install El Capitan 10.11.1 on computers which have the El Capitan original version. Please read the system requirements for the El Capitan original version.
iMac, MacBook Retina, MacBook Air, Xserve, MacBook Pro: 13-inch, MacBook White/Black, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro: 17-inch, MacBook Pro: 15-inch, MacBook, Mac Pro.
How To Install OS X El Capitan Download Version 10.11.1
You can update your Mac computer to OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1 with the Mac Apps Store directly when it shows the updating information. Also, you can use the Apple icon on the top left-hand corner of your desktop to check the updates for your system. Sometimes you may not be able to see the updates automatically by the system. Because some updates need another updates to install to require future updates. So, if you were not installed that kind of updates on your computer, you may not receive notifications to updates, even you are searching for the Apple icon.
Sometimes you may see some few updates from the notification center. Go through those updates and search again and again for the updates.
All you have to do is to update the OS X El Capitan download when a situation you are not receiving notifications, just go to the Mac Apps store and search for the El Capitan updates manually. Then you will be able to find some appropriate links to download the OS X El Capitan directly as a DMG file. When you find the OS X El Capitan download link from the Mac Apps store click the button to start the download process.