Before you begin
Buy Apple Mac mini, 1.4GHz Intel Core i5 Dual Core, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Silver, MGEM2LL/A: Electronics - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases. The Mac Mini I purchased had a specs description with a release date of. The one I received was from 2018. A new one from Apple is only $16.59 more for the latest version. The seller averted this question when asked about the date of manufacture. Check out the Answered Questions section.
To minimize the possibility of damage to the computer components due to static discharge, it's important to wear an antistatic wrist strap while you work with your computer's memory.
Apple Mac mini Desktop: Complete work or school assignments on time with this refurbished Apple Mac mini desktop computer. The Intel Core i5 processor and 2GB of RAM allow smooth multitasking for increased productivity, while the 500GB HDD offers ample. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2018 using preproduction 3.2GHz 6-core Intel Core i7–based Mac mini systems with 64GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD, and shipping 3.0GHz dual‑core Intel Core i7–based Mac mini systems with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD. Xcode version 10.0 (10A255), with the Solar System sample application demonstrated at WWDC 2018. Micron 8 GB (2x4 GB) Ram DDR4 2666MHz SODIMM Memory - from Apple Mac mini 2020. OEM Apple Mac mini 2020 8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM. $19.99 + $3.99 shipping. Picture Information. Opens image gallery. Image not available. Mouse over to Zoom- Click to enlarge. Move over photo to zoom.
Choose your model
Mac mini models have different memory (RAM) installation requirements. Choose your Mac mini model for more information. If you need help determining which Mac mini you have, find out how to identify Mac mini models.
Mac mini (2018)
Memory For Mac Mini 2018
Mac mini (Late 2014)
Mac mini (Late 2012)
Mac mini (Mid 2011)
Mac mini (Mid 2010)
Mac mini (Late 2009)
Mac mini (Early 2009)
New Mac Mini 2018
Mac mini (Mid 2007)
Mac mini (Late 2006)
Mac mini (Early 2006)
Mac mini (Original)
Mac mini (2018) does not have user-installable RAM. You can configure the memory in your Mac mini (2018) when you purchase it. To upgrade the memory in your Mac mini (2018), go to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Mac mini (Late 2014) has memory that is integrated into the main logic board and can't be upgraded.
2012, 2011, 2010
To remove and install memory in your Mac mini (Late 2012), Mac mini (Mid 2011), or Mac mini (Mid 2010), use the following steps.
Remove the bottom cover
- Turn off your Mac mini. From the Apple menu (), choose Shut Down.
- Disconnect the power cord and all other cables from your Mac mini.
- Lay your Mac mini upside down on a soft cloth or towel, and then rotate the bottom cover counterclockwise to the unlocked position.
- Press on the cover to pop up the opposite side, and then remove the cover.
Remove the original memory modules
- Gently spread the clips at the ends of the top memory module just enough to let the free edge pop up.
- Pull the module out of the slot.
- Repeat to remove the second, bottom module.
Install the new memory
- Carefully press the notched edge of the new memory module into the bottom slot while keeping the opposite edge slightly raised.
- Press down on the raised edge until the clips snap into place.
- Repeat to install the top memory module.
Replace the bottom cover
Don't connect the power cord or turn on your Mac mini until you replace the bottom cover. Never operate your Mac mini without the cover in place.
- Replace the bottom cover using the alignment dots to place it in the unlocked position.
- Rotate the cover clockwise to lock it in place.
- Reconnect the power cord and any other cables you disconnected.
After you install the memory, confirm that your Mac mini sees the new memory.
2009 and earlier
To remove or install memory in the following Mac mini models, go to an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Ram For Mac Mini Apple Ipad
Confirm that your Mac sees the new memory
To check that the computer recognizes the new memory:
- Start up your computer.
- When you see your desktop, choose Apple () menu, then choose About This Mac.
- Confirm that the memory listed matches the memory you installed.
Ram For Apple Mac Mini 2018
If the reported memory size isn't correct or if your Mac mini repeatedly plays three tones, it may be having trouble recognizing a memory module. If this happens, shut down your Mac mini, verify the module specifications against the requirements for your Mac mini model, and then repeat the memory installation instructions to make sure that the modules are installed correctly. If you still have issues, remove the memory and consult the support information that came with the memory, or contact the vendor who provided the memory.