To set Firefox to always activate a plugin: Click the menu button, click Add-ons and select Plugins.Find the plugin and click the ellipsis (3-dot) icon, then select Always Activate from the drop-down menu. This will activate the plugin automatically and you will no longer get messages to run the plugin. In Mac OS X, where are installed extensions for Firefox located? Location of Firefox extensions in Mac OS? closed Ask Question Asked 11 years, 6 months ago. /Library/Internet Plug-Ins Here is a list of files inside this directory. Description is optional, but recommended: it's displayed in the Add-ons Manager. Icons is optional, but recommended: it allows you to specify an icon for the extension, that will be shown in the Add-ons Manager. The most interesting key here is contentscripts, which tells Firefox to load a script into Web pages whose URL matches a specific.
- 2. QuickTime Player
One of the most prominent media players, QuickTime has quickly become quite famous for its ease of use and the functionality that it provides. Simply put, QuickTime is a media player that was created by Apple and allows users to play back audio and video. The program has become quite popular, and plugins are also available, which can be installed on your browser and can be used accordingly. In case there are any videos on a web page that have been embedded with the QuickTime format, the program can be used accordingly in order to run those videos. Usually, QuickTime comes installed on all Mac computers, while those who are using Windows computers can download and install the plugins for their respective browsers. Here's a brief guide on how to install and use QuickTime Plugin for the three major browsers in use today: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Download QuickTime plugin for Chrome
1. The first step you need to take is to visit the official website of the Apple QuickTime Player and download the installer file from there.
2. Once the installer file has been downloaded, just click on the downloaded file, which will be showing at the horizontal download bar at the bottom of your browser.
3. Just follow the instructions on screen in order to finish the installation. Once the installation has been completed, you need to shut off Chrome and restart it in order to finish the installation.
How to enable or disable the QuickTime plugin on Chrome
In order to enable or disable the QuickTime Plugin for Google Chrome, the process is actually quite simple. By default, the plugin is enabled in Google Chrome, which means all videos compatible with the QuickTime format will play automatically. If you wish to disable it however, just write the following content in your address bar (you can choose either of them):
* chrome://plugins (or chrome:plugins)
* about://plugins (or about:plugins)
Then browse down till you find 'QuickTime'. You will see a button alongside it. If you wish to disable the program, just press 'Disable'. If you wish to re- enable the plugin, just press 'Enable'.
Tips: Configure the QuickTime Plugin for Google Chrome
You can configure the QuickTime Plugin for your Google Chrome browser to a certain extent only. Since Google Chrome has a preset number of guidelines, you can't individually decide whether the QuickTime Plugin will be able to run with a certain number of file types or not. Instead, you only have the flexibility of enabling or disabling the plugin at your behest.
Part 2: QuickTime Plugin for Firefox
Download QuickTime plugin for Firefox
The first thing that you need to do is to install QuickTime plugin for Firefox. In order to do that, you need to visit the official Apple QuickTime website and download the QuickTime installer file from there. Once the download has completed, you need to shut off Firefox. Then, browse over to the file you just downloaded, and run it, which will initiate the installation for the QuickTime plugin.
Enable or Disable QuickTime plugin for Firefox
In order to enable or disable the QuickTime Plugin for Mozilla Firefox, the first thing you need to do is to click on the 'Firefox' button on the right-top of the window, and then select 'Add-ons'. Find the 'Plugins' from the Add-ons Manager, and then you can enable or disable the plugin now.
Configure the QuickTime Plugin for Firefox
In order to use or configure the QuickTime plugin according to your needs, there are a number of things that you can do. First of all, you can put a check on the types of media files that the plugin can be configured to use. For instance, when you click a download link for a media file which can be handled directly by the QuickTime plugin, it will automatically open the file using the plugin. You can alter those settings. The Firefox QuickTime plugin can also be altered to select which types of files open with the plugin and which are ignored by the plugin.
If you find that the Firefox QuickTime plugin is not working, you need to first make sure that all the files are available. To check that, the best way is to first delete the plugin and re- install it. Often times, an incomplete installation might be the reason. If your installation is proper, try enabling or disabling the plugin and restarting Firefox.
Part 3: QuickTime Plugin for Internet Explorer (IE)
Download QuickTime plugin for IE (Internet Explorer)
1. If you wish to install the QuickTime Plug in for Internet Explorer, the first step you need to take is to download the QuickTime Installer file using Internet Explorer. Fire up a new window, and open the official Apple QuickTime page, from where you can get the installer file. You will then get a message which will ask you whether you wish to 'run or save the file?'.
2. I suggest you choose 'Run'. Wait until the download is completed, after which a new dialog box will open up with two buttons; Run and Don't Run. Choose the former.
3. Follow the on screen instructions in order to complete the download of the QuickTime installer. This will also install the QuickTime Plugin for your Internet Explorer.
Enable or disable Internet Explorer QuickTime plugin
- If you wish to enable or disable the QuickTime Plugin for Internet Explorer, there's a very simple way to do so. Open up your Internet Explorer, and click on the small gear button located on the top right. A drop down menu will open, from where you need to click on 'Manage Add Ons'.
- A new window will open up, which will include details of all the plugins and extensions that have been downloaded and are operable with Internet Explorer. Browse through the list until you find the QuickTime Plugin. You can then right click on it in order to enable or disable it as per your wishes.
Tips: Unfortunately, you can't configure the QuickTime Plugin for Internet Explorer to work with certain file types. You can only enable or disable it.
To test the plugin, first open a new window:
* Find the QuickTime Sample movie (found in the QuickTime folder), and keep both windows adjacent.
* Drag the video to the browser video.
Then, a new window shall open up and the video shall start to play. If nothing plays, then you need to recopy the files in to the browser's folders in order to make sure all files are in the right place.
Safari extensions add functionality to Safari, so you can explore the web the way you want. Extensions can show helpful information about a webpage, display news headlines, help you use your favorite services, change the appearance of webpages, and much more. Extensions are a great way to personalize your browsing experience.
Use the App Store to conveniently download and install Safari extensions. All extensions in the App Store are reviewed, signed, and hosted by Apple for your security.
How to install extensions
Start by installing the latest macOS updates to make sure that Safari is up to date. You need Safari 12 or later to get Safari extensions from the App Store.
Find and install an extension:
- Open Safari and choose Safari > Safari Extensions from the menu bar.
- The App Store opens to the Safari Extensions page, as pictured above. To download and install an extension, click Get or click the price. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click Install.
- After the extension is installed, click Open and follow the onscreen instructions provided by the extension.
Then return to Safari to turn on the extension you installed:
Free Au Plugins For Mac
- Choose Safari > Preferences.
- Click Extensions.
- Select the checkbox next to the extension's name.
All extensions installed from the App Store are automatically kept up to date.
How to turn off or uninstall extensions
Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Extensions.
Firefox Plugins Mac
- To turn off an extension, deselect its checkbox.
- To uninstall an extension, select the extension and click the Uninstall button. If you can't determine what an extension does, or you don't expect to use it again, you should uninstall it.
Free Plugins For Mac Fl Studio
Free Logic Plugins For Mac
Safari no longer supports most web plug-ins. To load webpages more quickly, save energy, and strengthen security, Safari is optimized for content that uses the HTML5 web standard, which doesn't require a plug-in. To enhance and customize your browsing experience, use Safari extensions instead of web plug-ins.