by Christine Smith • 2020-10-28 17:33:17 • Proven solutions
Information about the songs you are listening to is not essential for a few people. However, for some people, this matters, and they like to keep their music library organized. Information related to songs, such as title, genre, name, etc., is a tough task if you don’t have the right software or application. There are several id3 tag editor mac and mobile apps available to get rid of the issue. We will share the information about these programs in this article with you.
Part 1. 5 Best ID3 Tag Editors for Mac You Should Know
1. Wondershare UniConverter
Mp3tag is an easy to use application whose basic function is to edit the ID3 information of your MP3 and OGG files. Mp3Tag allow us to open a folder or a playlist and modify the files info (title, interpreter, album.) By this way, we will have a directory more detailed and with the correct info. While Mp3tag was designed to be an applicaton to run under Windows, many people also want to use Mp3tag under Apple macOS and Mac OS X. The good news is: it's possible! Currently, there is no native Mp3tag or a comparable alternative for macOS, but you can use wrappers (e.g., WineBottler) that allow for running Windows applications under OS X.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is a powerful and the best tag editor Mac program which is developed for both Mac and Windows computers. This program is known as a multimedia solution toolkit as well. There are all kinds of options offered for users to do the operations related to the multimedia files. You can convert, download, record, transfer, fix video metadata, and edit video features in this program.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Ultimate Video Editor and Converter Toolbox
- Edit ID3 tag metadata, including song title, artist name, album name, album cover image, track number, etc.
- Convert video to over 1,000 formats, such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MP3, etc.
- Versatile toolbox combines GIF maker, VR converter, and screen recorder.
- Support 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files.
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Support download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Watch Video Tutorial to Edit ID3 Tag on Windows, Similar Steps on Mac
How to Use Wondershare UniConverter as a Tag Editor Mac Program?
Step 1 Install the Wondershare ID3 Tag Editor on Mac.
Visit the official Wondershare page first and then download the program setup. Now, install it by following the instructions on the screen, then start the software. Now click Toolbox > Fix Media Metadata.
Step 2 Add ID3 Files to Wondershare UniConverter.
A new popup window will open on your screen after hitting the icon. In this window in next to the Choose File button, hit the three dots, and then select the multimedia file from your Mac hard drive. After adding video, you can choose Name, Language, Type, Season.
Step 3 Edit ID3 Tag Easily
You can also add Episode Name, Actors, Directors, Screenwriters, Tagline, Description, Comment, Release Date, Genre, Content Rating, and Definition about your video.
Step 4 Save Updated ID3 Tag to Tag Editor
If you want to add a picture of the songwriter or actor, you can also do this using the image option. Once everything is fine, simply click the Save button, and your video will be saved with the new metadata information.
If you want to burn music to CDs, just move to Top 12 Software to Burn Music to CD Recommended >> to learn more.
It is a desktop program that is specially developed to edit tags of videos on the Mac computer. This id3 tag editor Mac software is a paid program, but there is a free version of the software available to test the features. It allows you to edit over 60 types of tags for your videos. It also helps you download the music information directly from online websites such as MusicBrainz, ACoustid, etc.
- Download Metadata automatically with just one click from the different id3 information websites.
- Clean the wrong encoding of tags.
- While editing tags, it can remove extra spaces from the information of the video.
- This program is fully compatible with mostly all versions of the Mac operating system.
- The software can fulfill all your needs about music tag editor Mac.
- It supports renaming multiple files together.
- There is only a Mac version offered by the developers.
- The software is not easy to use.
MetaBliss is another FLAC tag editor Mac program which allows you to edit id3 information of your video and audio files on the Mac computers. This tag editor Mac software can download Meta tags from the online Meta tags sharing websites as well. This software can process your files quickly. With this software's help, you can easily add song names, ratings, and comments to your video and audio files.
- You can easily clean up the Metadata with the program.
- It allows you to edit several different types of information.
- You can edit multiple files together.
- It supports batch processing of files.
- It enables you to quickly add mostly all kinds of information of the multimedia files.
- You can’t use the program on windows.
- The paid version is very costly.
It is another powerful music metadata editor Mac that enables you to edit songs metadata on the Mac operating system computers. The software lookup for the Metadata from the online sites, so you can directly add the information about songs from the online websites. Using this software, you can copy tags directly from the tags, and you can also generate the number of sequences.
- It can process the multimedia files tag editing in batch.
- It directly searches the album artwork and tags from the Amazon and MusicBrainz.
- The software is easy to use.
- It allows you to do multiple id3 tags editing together.
- It supports searching the data online and add it directly to the video files.
- The software only supports the Mac operating system.
- The price of software is not competitive.
iMusic is one of the most popular tag editor Mac software, which helps you edit tag on the Mac computers very easily. This software can do several other tasks such as transferring, managing, and recording music from the internet. This program allows users to edit id3 information on the windows and Mac.
- It supports editing id3 information of music on windows and Mac both devices.
- It is easy to use.
- You can transfer music from one device to another directly.
- It supports downloading music from over 3000 sites.
- The program is capable of playing music using the inbuilt player.
- You can create a playlist for your car using this software.
- The software is slightly high in case of a price.
Part 2: Top 5 free ID3 Tag Editors for Mac
Kid3 is free of cost and open-source license software for Mac computers. This program is also designed to edit id3 information of the music and videos on Mac. It is the best music tag editor Mac software, enabling you to edit the filenames and tags information for several files together instead of doing all the editing one by one.
- You can convert the tags between ID3v2.4, ID3v2.3, and ID3v1.1.
- It allows you to generate file names from tags as well.
- It can convert the uppercase and lowercase strings automatically.
- It supports editing the tags without paying anything.
- It is open-source software, so you can use it without worrying about copyright issues.
- The software doesn’t have any support.
- The interface is not easy to use.
Mac Mp3 Tag Editor
Picard is id3 tag editor Mac software for the Mac devices. This software can help you to manage your music files straightforwardly. It is a free version of the software. Still, the advanced users, there is a paid version also offered, which comes without any limitations. You can edit unlimited tags of music and videos using the paid version of the software.
- This program allows you to replace, edit, and paste tags of music.
- You can also clean useless space and characters from the tags.
- It can rename files automatically.
- It supports batch processing the files.
- It is compatible with all versions of Mac computers.
- The processing speed is slow.
- It takes lots of time to search for accurate information about songs.
3. ID3 Tag Editor
id3 Editor is a free edit song metadata Mac program, which is also available for the Windows computers. This software is available free of cost, but this is slightly hard to use for non-technical users because it is very hard.
- You can adjust multiple tracks easily.
- It automatically changes the version, which makes it possible to make it compatible with old versions.
- You can easily copy and paste tag information.
Mp3 Tag Tools For Mac Download
- It is compatible with AIFF files.
- It is automatically clean and removes invalid tags.
- The interface is tough to use.
4. MP3 Tag
MP3 tag is an open-source and free music Meta editor Mac software that allows users to edit the id3 information for their music and videos. It is free software, so there is no limitation on the software features and options. There is no direct Mac version available for this software, but you can use it on Mac by using wine.
- It allows you to edit the id3 information in batch.
- You can easily edit mostly any kind of id3 information.
- It supports converting several different types of audio file format id3 information at once.
- It is an open-source program.
- It allows you to create playlists as well.
- The interface is very confusing.
- You can’t get any official support.
Part 3. iTunes-the Alternative ID3 Tag Editor
iTunes is the official solution from Apple to edit the id3 information of songs and videos. This software is free and also helps you to edit id3 information on Mac. Even you can also edit information on windows using the Windows version of the software. Let’s see how to edit id3 details of songs and videos using iTunes on Mac.
Step 1: Firstly, run iTunes on your Mac and select the song for which you want to update the information. Now hit the Command+l button from the Mac keyboard, and then you will be able to view existing Metadata information of the song. Here you will see different types of information such as Lyrics, Artwork, details, etc.
Step 2: The first tab is about more details here; you can update the song name, artist, album artist, composer, ratings, genre, etc. The new tab is about the artwork in the artwork tab. You can update the image for the song. Once you are done, click the Ok button, and the new information for your song will be saved.
Mp3 Tag Editor Freeware Mac
These are some of the most popular best id3 tag editor programs. You can use anyone above from the list. We have listed free and paid both types of applications. Here, if we talk about easy to use and powerful features of the software, then Wondershare UniConverter is the best program because it offers you a wide range of options which is usually not available in any other program.
Music Tag Editor For Mac
I'm currently working on a native version of Mp3tag for macOS — if you want to keep notified on any updates, please subscribe to the Mp3tag Newsletter below.
While Mp3tag was designed to be an applicaton to run under Windows, many people also want to use Mp3tag under Apple macOS and Mac OS X. The good news is: it's possible!
Currently, there is no native Mp3tag or a comparable alternative for macOS, but you can use wrappers (e.g., WineBottler) that allow for running Windows applications under OS X through a program called Wine. This has the side-effect that the app will still look like a Windows app, but the benefit is that you don't need to install Windows on your MacBook or have a virtual machine running — and you can run Mp3tag on Mac OS X and macOS.
Because creating those wrapped applications can be difficult from time to time, I decided to provide pre-packaged versions for your convenience. Please note that those packages are not officially supported, but I do my best to keep them working on your MacBooks.