Transfer Data Between Android and Mac Seamlessly. Transfer files between Android and computer, including contacts, photos, music, SMS, and more. Manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc. Transfer iTunes to Android (vice versa). Manage your Android device on the computer. Fully compatible with Android 8.0. If you are searching for a smart and easy way to transfer your photos, videos, and music.
Android File Transfer is a tool developed by Google. This tool enables users to browse and transfer files between Mac computer and Android device. For the users who wish to transfer files from Android device to Mac computer or from Mac to Android, using this software would be a good option. However, some users reject to download and install. Check the USB Cable and Mac’s Port. Not all USB cables are manufactures equal, some cables.
Android users know that sharing a file between their phone and a PC is extremely simple. All you have to do is connect them with a USB cable and enable media sharing on Android. However, if you love the convenience of a Mac and the freedom of customization that Android grants you, then you’ll know that sharing files between them is not that simple. Apple doesn’t really support the devices that don’t belong to their ecosystem. But don’t worry, there are ways to get around these restrictions. If you are looking for ways to copy or transfer files from Android to Mac, then this article is for you.
We are going to take a look at 4 methods at your disposal that will make sharing files between a Mac and an Android phone easy.
Ready? Let’s get started.
- 1 How to Transfer Files From Android to Mac?
How to Transfer Files From Android to Mac?
These three methods are very simple to follow and do not require any technical know-how. They are free to use and they also won’t have in-app purchases I’ve ranked these methods based on how convenient they are for me but you can choose the best method for you.
1. Using Android File Transfer
Android File Transfer is the most popular way of sharing files between Androids and Macs. It allows your Mac to view and manage the files and folders on your phone after you connect them with a USB cable. You won’t be able to preview files like you can on Windows, but it’s better than nothing. To use Android File Transfer, you need to make sure that the macOS version is 10.7 or newer. Just follow the instructions given below:
- Download Android File Transfer by clicking on this link.
- Open AndroidFileTransfer.dmg.
- Drag Android File Transfer to the Applications folder.
- Connect your Android to the Mac using a USB cable.
- Swipe down from the top of the Android screen to open up notifications and then tap on Charging this device via USB or something similar.
- Then select the File transfer option.
- On the Mac, double-click on Android File Transfer to open it up.
- You can transfer files from Android to Mac this way. Keep in mind that you can only preview files after you’ve copied them to the Mac.
2. Use Snapdrop to Copy your Android Files to Macbook
Snapdrop was developed by Robin Linus to introduce an AirDrop like experience across all major platforms. Snapdrop can be used to share files wirelessly between Androids and Macs. All you need is a browser and a WiFi connection. To use Snapdrop, follow these instructions:
- Visit Snapdrop on your Mac and Android devices.
- If you are using the same WiFi, then you will be able to see the names of the device on your screen.
- Simply click on a device and select the file you want to send.
- Click download on the device that is receiving the file and that’s all there is to it.
You can use Snapdrop to share files between Android and iOS devices too. This will not use up any data and the information isn’t stored anywhere to protect your privacy.
3. Using the Cloud
iCloud is a great way to sync up files between Apple devices, but it is not available on Android. Instead, you can use Google Drive, OneDrive, or DropBox. Simply upload the files you want to the Drive and download it on your Mac. If you have fast Internet, then this method might be best for you. Here, we are going to use Google Drive as an example, but you can use the app of your choice and the methods will be similar. To transfer files from Android to Mac, just follow these steps.
- Download and install Google Drive on your Android device. You can use this link.
- Open it up and log in with a Gmail account.
- Tap the + icon and select the files that you want to upload.
- After the upload is completed, you can visit drive.google.com on your Mac to view and download the files that you uploaded.
4. Use Bluetooth to Transfer files between Mac and Android
Bluetooth is one of the most useful inventions of this century. It can be used to wirelessly listen to music, sync up smartwatches, and send files. While it’s not the fastest solution (I would recommend that you only use it for smaller files), it has cross-platform support. To share files via Bluetooth, simply follow these instructions:
Android File Transfer Dmg
- Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click on Bluetooth and make sure that it is enabled.
- Swipe down from the top of the Android screen and long-press the Bluetooth icon. This will take you to the Bluetooth settings. Alternatively, you can go to Settings> Bluetooth (can be different in different brands).
- Enable Bluetooth and tap on Mac’s name to pair.
- Make sure that the numbers match on both devices.
- You can now long-press a file from the file manager on the Android device and share it via Bluetooth.
- You can send a file to the Android by clicking on the Bluetooth icon, selecting the name and clicking Send file to device.
Now you know the different methods that can be used to transfer or copy files from Android to Mac. I hope that you found this article helpful.
Android File Transfer For Mac 10.6.8
If you have any doubts about the methods or any other suggestions, please let me know in the comments section down below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.