Java For Safari Mac
InSite 6.5 Troubleshooting >
Mac Safari 6.1, 7.0 Preference Requirements posted Sep 12, 2014, 1:40 PM by PDF Information [ updated Sep 16, 2014, 6:14 AM]
For Mac users that have updated to Safari 6.1, 7.0 or higher you will need to make some changed to Safari's security preferences in order to upload files to InSite. Here are instructions on how to do this. As always if you have any questions please contact your TSA.
- Log in to InSite (or InSite 2)
- Open any job and click Upload Files.
- If you see this message 'Java blocked for this website'.
- Leave the window with the message open and open Safari Preferences.
On the General tab of the Safari Preference Panel place a check mark next to Open 'Safe' files after downloading.
- In the Safari Preference panel go to the Security tab. Make sure Internet plug-ins is checked and click Manage WebSite Settings.
- Select Java from the list of plug-ins on the left. In the window on the right you should see the url for the InSite server you are trying to access (pmtdscinsite.rrd.com or pmtdscinsite2.rrd.com depending on which server you are logged into). In the drop down menu next to the URL select Run in Unsafe Mode. Then click Done close the Safari Preference panel and restart Safari.
- When the following message pops up click Trust.
- In the drop down menu next to the URL now select Allow Always. After doing so the plug-in security panel should look like this. Note the warning triangle next to Allow Always and the message at the bottom of the window stating 'Java is set to run in unsafe mode for some websites..... This is normal and safe for InSite.
- Click Done and close the Safari Preference Panel. Next restart Safari.
- After restarting InSite log back into InSite and you should be able to upload to InSite.
Note: You may want to repeat the procedure for both InSite servers (pmtdscinsite.rrd.com or pmtdscinsite2.rrd.com) to ensure you can upload to both.
Java Plugin Safari Mac Download