These computers support up to 192 kHz sample rate for audio playback:
To get the highest quality, you will want to avoid lossy formats like MP3 (Moving Picture Experts Group Layer-3), AAC (Advanced Audio Coding), and OGG (Ogg Vorbis, the name Ogg derives from the. Your example and others present easy choices for the audio - that is, for high quality, choose the one with highest bitrate value. I recently however found myself faced with a choice between DASH audio, opus @160k or DASH audio 126k, [email protected] (44100Hz), 1.79MiB or DASH audio 127k, m4adash container, aac @128k (44100Hz), 1.94MiB.I had to choose but am uncertain about quality, or perhaps. WAV (Waveform Audio File) retains all the original data, which makes it the ideal format for sound engineers. “WAV has greater dynamic range and greater bit depth,” creative producer and sound mixer Lo Boutillette says of her preferred format. “It’s the highest quality,” Berry agrees. Having the best audio converter software on your PC or Mac is an extremely useful tool. If you love music, work in video creation, or you're looking to digitize physical media like CDs and DVDs, audio converters are essential. Tidal and Deezer stream music at the highest quality using the FLAC format. FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) The Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) is the most popular.
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) through MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) through MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
- iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014) through iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2014)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) through iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Highest Quality Audio Format For Macbook Air
To set your Mac to play high sample rate audio:
- Connect one end of a TOSLINK optical cable to the headphone port on your Mac, and connect the other end to your audio device, such as an AV receiver.
- Open Audio MIDI Setup, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
- Select your audio device from the list on the left side of the Audio Devices window.
- If necessary, choose “Use this device for sound output” from the Action pop-up menu .
- Select a sample rate, such as 176400.0 Hz or 192000.0 Hz, from the Format pop-up menu.
Highest Quality Audio Format For Mac Os
If the audio hardware in your Mac doesn't support high sample rate audio, you can use a third-party digital audio interface.