- Google Chrome Old Version Download
- Google Chrome For Mac Old Versions
- Latest Version Google Chrome Mac
- Google Chrome for Windows and Mac is a free web browser developed by internet giant Google. Chrome is designed to offer its users a fast and easy browsing experience, reason why its user interface is rather clean.Google has put efforts into making its browser a safe one with great settings, information and cookies management built-in tools.
- Non-profit organization serving the online community by providing old versions of various programs.
- I noticed that the Google Chrome App on my Mac was 1.2 GB. That seemed a bit portly for a web browser. Upon looking into the app's bundle, by right-clicking and choosing Show Package Contents, I found multiple old versions of the app, all which appeared to be nearly identical.
Google has confirmed a recent update to Chrome was to patch a zero-day issue in the popular browser, an exploit that was actively used in attacks, and has recommended all Chrome users on Mac, Windows, and Linux update their installations as soon as possible.
A patch for Chrome shipped on March 1 consisting of a fix for a security flaw, identified as CVE-2019-5786. The update, which only fixed the issue without making other changes to the browser, brought Chrome on all three operating systems up to version 72.0.3626121.
Depending on your platform there are different ways to download and use Google Chrome: Chrome on Computers. If you need to install Chrome on a Desktop computer, you can download Chrome directly from Google. Chrome on Android - Phones and Tablets. If you want Chrome on an Android device you can get it from: Google Chrome on Google Play Store.
While the security flaw affected all desktop versions of Chrome, it was especially a problem for Windows users, as it formed part of a more complex attack against Windows 7. The older Microsoft operating system had its own zero-day flaw identified at the same time as the Chrome version, with the browser's flaw actively used as part of a more complex attack against Windows, reportsCNET.
Also, seriously, update your Chrome installs... like right this minute. #PSA
Google Chrome Old Version Download— Justin Schuh (@justinschuh) March 6, 2019
Google updated its announcement for the patch to advise the exploit against Chrome 'exists in the wild.' Justin Schuh, head of Google's Chrome Security, posted to Twitter advising of both the exploit's existence and advising users to update their browser with the new patch.
The issue lies in a memory management error for Chrome's FileReader API, which allows web apps to read local files on a desktop. Specifically, it is a memory error known as a 'use-after-free' vulnerability when a web app attempts to access memory that had been freed or deleted from Chrome's allocated memory, with the flaw enabling malicious code to be executed.
Clement Lecigne of Google's Threat Analysis Group is credited as the researcher who found the bug.
Google Chrome For Mac Old Versions
Google Chrome for iOS is not affected by the security flaw.
Latest Version Google Chrome Mac
AppleInsider has affiliate partnerships and may earn commission on products purchased through affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence our editorial content.