Welcome to Adobe Flash Player 10.2 software! This document is for users developing content for Flash Player 10.2 and addresses issues that are not discussed in the Flash Professional or Flex documentation. This document may be updated periodically as more information becomes available.
The Adobe Flash Player runtime lets you effortlessly reach over 1.3 billion people across browsers and OS versions with no install — 11 times more people than the best-selling hardware game console. Create high-performance, more responsive games and content using ActionScript workers and shared.
- Flash 10.1 free download - Apple Safari, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Flash Player, and many more programs.
- Flash 10.1 on Mac OS X What's improved? In June of this year, the Adobe Flash team released version 10.1 of the Flash plugin/player. This was the version that would fix all the problems Flash had.
- IDISkk iPhone Flash Drive 64GB Photo Stick for iPhone 11 pro XR XS Max iPad Lightning External Storage for iPhone X,iPhone 7,iPad Mini,iPad air,iPod,Mac and PC,MFi Certified 4.2 out of.
For current Flash Player system requirements, visit http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/systemreqs/.
The Adobe Flash Player 10.2 no longer supports Microsoft Windows 2000 and Macintosh PowerPC-based computers. As mentioned in the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 release, Adobe is discontinuing support of PowerPC-based computer and will no longer provide security updates. Support is being discontinued because of performance enhancements that cannot be supported on the older PowerPC architecture.
Flash Player 10.2 supports the following languages: Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
Adobe recommends that all Flash Player users on supported systems update to the most recent version of the player through the Flash Player Download Center.
Ensure that you have the latest version of Flash Player installed by clicking here to check the version you have installed and the latest shipping version for each platform.
The first public release of Flash Player 10.2 is version 10.2.152. Users should update to the newest version of Flash Player 10.2 for content development and testing. Updated versions of the content debugger and other players are posted on the Flash Player Support Center Downloads page.
For Flash Player installation instructions, visit http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/productinfo/instructions/.
For uninstallation instructions, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayer_uninstall_en
Flash Player 10.2 contains several new features and enhancements:
A new method for video playback in Flash Player allows developers to leverage complete hardware acceleration of the video rendering pipeline, enabling best-in-class high definition (HD) playback performance.Stage Video dramatically decreases processor usage enabling higher frame rates and reduced memory usage to deliver HD quality video on a broad range of devices.
Support for full screen mode with multiple monitors
Full screen content will remain in full-screen on secondary monitors, allowing users to watch full-screen content while working on another display.
Internet Explorer 9 hardware accelerated rendering support
Flash Player takes advantage of hardware accelerated graphics in Internet Explorer 9, utilizing hardware rendering surfaces to improve graphics performance and enable seamless composition.
Developers can define custom native mouse cursors, enabling user experience enhancements and improved performance.
Improved readability of text in Flash Player, especially for complex character-based languages.
Flash Player 10.2.152 includes security enhancements described in Security Bulletin APSB11-02.
[FP-###] denotes bugs that are filed in the Adobe Flash Player Bug and Issue Management System https://bugbase.adobe.com/)
- [FP-1760] Passing dates from Java to Flex causes a 1 hour time difference. (2200268)
- [FP-3312] Unable to load external unicode file names in consistent manner across browsers IE vs. Plugin. (2499705)
- [FP-6054] Artifacts with tiled bitmaps when resize the browser to make the scale factor less than 1
- [FP-5866] beginBitmapFill drawing issue: Unexpected white line is shown
- [FP-5851] For both the getServiceLocations request and the GetSettings request, the namespaces are being stripped out of the request (sibling elements) when creating request object with FlashPlayer 10.2
- [FP-5892] It causes blank video content to disable Hardware acceleration.
- [FP-6005] Google Street View exits Full Screen mode without user requesting
- [FP-5935] Video RENDER_STATE can't returns to 'accelerated' on StageVideo when it switch on/off stage video
- [FP-5895] Sound echos twice in some games with Flash 10.2 at www.king.com/games
- [FP-5870]Windows Only.Flash video applets exit fullscreen when another applications status changes (WLMail checks for emails for example)
- [FP-5863]Mac Only. Cloud Connect Viewer Enterprise Edition displays blank content after moving thumb
- [FP-5857] Embedded Object could not show up on page www.youtube.com
- [FP-5725]Mac Only. Flash Player does not respond to NPCocoaEventKeyDown
- [FP-5765] SWF file cannot be loaded in all players at alwaysbusy.nl, which was created by Invender Catalog Maker
- [FP-5730] iSight webcam inbuilt on Mac OSX no longer delivers camera feed when Google Talk is installed (Injection)
- [FP-5741] SWF file published by Captivate 5 cannot get played properly, and the window turns black and nothing happens
- [FP-5681] Vectors of non-built in classes prevent SWFs from unloading causing memory leaks.
- [FP-5432] Keyboard events are not locked into the player causing the browser to scroll the window only when GPU rendering is enable in the browser
- [FP-5418] Speed test page from vonage fails to render at http://speedtest.vonage.com
- [FP-4773] Debug Player Error Popup Gets Stuck in Safari
- [FP-5416] Facebook game bubble paradise does not respond to mouse clicks when selecting the game level
- [FP-5400] Text on website www.infertosa.com was replaced by 'null'
- [FP-5177] Flash will parse wrong xml as correct and can't find out illegal XML content.
- [FP-4945] Multitouch doesn't seem to be working in Full screen mode.
- [FP- 943] Link event doesn't get dispatched for embedded text when textfield or container is moving (animation)
- [FP-4939]Mac Only.If the SWF is get loading when the browser window is hidden, the SWF could not get drawn
- [FP-4909] Memory Leak: Can't unload SWF with CFF Fonts after they are used as TextBlock content
- [FP-4751] Video playback is gone when exiting full screen if playing back an html embedded Flash video with width and height that's equal the screen resolution
- [FP-3312] Unable to load external unicode file names in consistent manner across browsers (IE vs. Plugin)
- [FP-3342]ATOK IME menu overlaps, obscures text field
- [FP-694, FP-1760]Date.toString() returns wrong string representation for some dates of Brasilia Time Zone when DST is on on Windows and Mac
Fixes in Flash Player 10.2.152.32 (Windows) and 10.2.152.33 (Mac)
Adobe Flash Player 10.2.152.32 (Windows) and 10.2.152.33 (Mac) addresses the following issues:
- On Windows systems, AMD/ATI GPUs would not engage hardware decoding while watching H.264 video, causing a decrease in performance (2806826).
- Browser tab operations, such as switching between tabs playing video or closing many tabs displaying video, may have caused rendering problems or even a crash (2801091).
- Attempts to upload multiple files from an Apple Macintosh computer would fail due to a disk write error (2812090).
Adobe Flash Player 10.2.153.1 includes security enhancements described in Security Bulletin APSB11-05.
Fixes in Flash Player 10.2.159.1
Adobe Flash Player 10.2.159.1 includes security enhancements described in Security Bulletin APSB11-07.
Flash Player 10.2 is not yet supported in development builds of Solaris 11. Oracle recommends running Flash Player 10.2 on Solaris 10 until the next developer drop of Solaris 11 is avaiable.
SWF content does not load after upgrading from Mac OSX 10.6.2 Server to 10.6.5/10.6.6 Server (2793343)
When an URL containing & or % is saved to a SharedObject file redirectSO.sol all of the parameters after these characters are stripped off. (1909140)
CSS styles should not cascade across sandbox boundaries. (2261815)
startDrag and stopDrag do not work when the target is a 2D child of a 3D parent. (2200972)
POST requests with no body reverting to GET. (2223288)
XML.appendChild does not function correctly when published as SWF10; works fine as SWF9. (2340839)
Behavior of Socket write methods is inconsistent on different platforms. (2580727)
Last SWF Loaded sets scriptTimeLimit. (2500755)
[FP-1569] AS3 Timeline: Child Sprite ADDED_TO_STAGE event is fired twice. (2300936)
AS3 Timeline: First frame of Movie Clip animation played twice when created and added to stage with ActionScript. (2520095)
[FP-4423] onEnterFrame gets called more often than necessary. (2614589)
When Out of Memory Handling is triggered in the Standalone Player, the Standalone Player simply exits without displaying an out of memory error. (2555713)
On Mac OS 10.4 and 10.5 systems, users may encounter a limit on the amount of data they can upload at one time via FileReference (2812090).
Stage Video accelerated rendering is always available when wmode=direct and when Flash Player is in full screen mode, regardless of wmode. Stage Video acceleration may be available in other wmode settings but it is not guaranteed.
Adobe is aware of issues with specific GPU driver versions and has notified manufacturers of any issues discovered during testing. Adobe recommends updating to the latest GPU driver versions to take advantage of the new Stage Video capabilities and other accelerated rendering features.
H.264 Video Hardware acceleration is not available on some Macintosh platforms. Please Refer the Apple Developer Connection technote on which Macintosh configurations support Hardware decoding: (http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#technotes/tn2010/tn2267.html)
H.264 Hardware decoding on Linux is available as an experimental feature and has been tested on NVidia GT 330 and Broadcom BCM70015 GPUs. Users may choose to enable hardware decoding by adding EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1 in an mms.cfg configuration file. Users may experiance instability and crashes while watching hardware accelerated video. Please report any issues to http://bugs.adobe.com/flashplayer.
H.264 Video Hardware acceleration is not available for DRM-protected content on Broadcom graphics chips.
For all supported Intel GPUs, we recommend using an Aero windows theme. Performance is significantly improved for fullscreen playback with Aero-enabled windows environments.
On some Macintosh systems, for content using Stage Video, dragging the window to a secondary monitor while video is playing and then launching into full screen mode causes the video rendering to be corrupted. (2802209)
Full screen exit after giving second window focus on dual screen setup on Mac (Firefox 3 only). (2802908)
Apple MacBook, MacBook Air or Mac Mini systems using the Intel GMA X3100 GPU may have rendering issues when attempting to watch GPU rendered video (2813404). To work around this issue, users can disable hardware acceleration or download and install the beta version of Flash Player 10.3 which resolves this issue. To disable hardware acceleration, please visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help01.html. To install the Flash Player 10.3 beta, please visit http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer10-3/.
Mac users may run into rendering issues with certain live streams due to an incompatibility between the stream encoding and the hardware decoder. We are aware of this issue and are working with Apple to resolve it. Users may workaround the issue by pausing and then unpausing the live stream. Developers can work around this issue by forcing the video to be decoded in software - create two Video objects, attach the stream to the first, then stop it and attach the stream to the second Video object (2819870, 2818959, 2779420).
Windows users with systems using NVidia Optimus technology which has two GPUs that switch dynamically depending on the graphics operation would occasionally see a black or green screen when trying to view video in fullscreen. We are working with NVidia to resolve the issue (2745863, 2821031).
On http://www.youtube.com/lifeinaday, users may experiance video pausing when entering/exiting full screen mode (2803013) and incorrect positioning of videos (2794616, 7296598)
The .f4v files created by AME CS5 cannot be called by onXMPData. (2603890)
Flash Player 10 For Mac Free Download
On Windows XP, text does not render correctly when the system color quality is set to 16 bit. Workaround: set color quality to 32 bit. (2782569)
[FP-1982] appendText when appending from another text field does not append in the correct location when the source string contains 'n'. (2341522)
Classic Text: Large font sizes are not drawing correctly on stage on in exported SWF Movies. (2483664)
Scale text with Free Transform scales text incorrectly goes beyond text boundary and is cut off and too big. (2486588)
[FP-2256] Text flows outside text field with advanced anti aliasing. (2447161)
Content Protection/Output Protection
Content Protection is not available on the Solaris platform or on mobile devices.
Content Protection is not available on the Standalone Player or External Player.
Videos that require Output Protection will only playback on Windows platforms.
Flash Player 10 For Mac
The Flash Player MSI installers report a generic error message for all installation failures (error 1722). More descriptive installation failure information can be found in the installation log file. See this TechNote for more information.
Flash Player Version 10 For Mac
- Printing SWFs is not enabled in Google Chrome. We are working with Google to address this issue. (2490502)
- Printing SWFs is not enabled in Safari on Windows platforms. We are investigating this issue with Apple. (2490502)
Other Resources for Learning About Flash Player
Found a bug? Please send the detailed bug information via the online Adobe Bug and Issue Management System.
SWF-based H.264 video may be decoded by your graphics hardware. There may be video bugs that can only be reproduced with your particular video card and driver. When reporting a bug involving video, it is essential to note your graphics card and driver, along with your operating system and browser, so that we can reproduce and investigate issues. Please be sure to include this information as described in Instructions for Reporting Video Bugs.
Note: Due to the high volume of email we receive, we are unable to respond to every request.
Thank you for using Adobe Flash Player and for taking the time to send us your feedback!