FaceTime For PC Download
- Download FaceTime and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Connect with family and friends around the world with FaceTime. Make audio and video calls from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to other iOS devices or even a Mac.
- With FaceTime for Mac, users can benefit from live discussions on an iPad, iPod, iPhone or Mac with a built-in camera. It is a free and very handy video conferencing tool for Mac and other Apple products. Free calls between Apple device.
- Jul 29, 2020 FaceTime for Mac. FaceTime is available on Macintosh computers that run Mac OS X 10.6.6 onwards. FaceTime Audio is available on any Macintosh with a forward-facing camera running Mac OS X 10.9.2 and later. All Macbook come with FaceTime installed into them. But if they don’t simply head the Apply Store online and download it into your Mac.
FaceTime for PC: As technology advances, we will begin to see huge changes in how our world operates. With communication taking giant leaps, it isn’t too surprising to talk to people sitting on the other end of the planet, millions of miles away. When comes to video calling, Skype and FaceTime are among the most revered apps, thanks to their user-friendly interface and fast connectivity. FaceTime is an Apple product that is exclusive to Apple devices. If you want to use the video-calling app on your Windows PC or Android phone, then follow our guide on FaceTime for PC (Windows 8.1/8/7/XP) as well as FaceTime for Android.
FaceTime app works easily on all the Apple devices but it is not free to download.But, since it is extremely easy to set up and use it, the application has become the favorite among the smartphone users. The main feature of the application is that it makes it easy for you to talk with your friends and loved ones face-to-face even when you both live in different parts of the world.
An Introduction: What is FaceTime?
Apple launched FaceTime back in 2010. It currently supports iPhone, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch and Mac and supports virtually all mobile network carriers. And as is a hallmark for all Apple devices, FaceTime is not compatible with non-Apple products. While the app is excellent in itself, it has a couple of drawbacks like FaceTime doesn’t allow multiple functions or group chat. None-the-less it’s an excellent video calling app that you should get your hands on.
Note that Apple devices available in United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan don’t support FaceTime because of the country’s IP-based communications restriction. Apple doesn’t have FaceTime for PC, and it’s unlikely they’ll launch a PC version. For that, we’ve got a guide on how you can use FaceTime on Windows PC.
Features of FaceTime
FaceTime is officially available on supported mobile devices that run on iOS and Macintosh computers that run Mac OS X 10.6.6 onwards. The engaging video-calling app has a number of great features that makes it popular worldwide.
- FaceTime is an user-friendly interface. It’s easy to figure out and easy to use.
- The app is free of cost and usually, comes pre-installed with Apple devices. As for the FaceTime for PC guide, we are providing, the app comes free of cost here too.
- Compared to most other videos calling apps theses days, FaceTime provides superior high-definition (HD) video calling experience.
- The app is well suited for low-data connectivity when it goes into an enhanced mode to provide the best service under dire circumstances.
- One of the highlights of faceTime. We’d say the handy ‘mute button’. Users can enable it whenever they want.
- The app allows users to share videos and images through the rear camera of your device.
- Using FaceTime is very cost-efficient because you can make calls or video calls over the internet. It saves you horrific international call charges.
Facetime for PC (Windows 10,8.1/8/7/XP)
There’s a solution to most problems. Since FaceTime isn’t officially available for devices other than the one manufactured by Apple, we have come up with a hack, using which you can access FaceTime on Windows. Before providing the guide, you’d need to know if you PC is compatible with the software you’ll use.
System Requirement For FaceTime for PC:
- Computer: Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 operating system
- CPU: Single Core 1 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Good Internet connection
- A webcam
- A Microphone or Headset
Steps to download Facetime for PC (Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and XP)
The guiding we are providing below will allow you to use the app free of cost. Make sure you follow it carefully because one wrong step could result in a mess and a great waste of time.
- Step 1: You need to get an Android emulator that’ll mimic an Android device, tricking the app to believe that it’s working on a handset. The best emulator to in the industry is BlueStacks. We recommend you to download and install it.
- Step 2: After installing, open BlueStacks.
- Step 3: Now download FaceTime APK file from here. Install it.
- Step 4: Once installed, open the apk file using BlueStacks. And start using FaceTime on your PC.
Facetime Download For Mac Book
Another way you can use, the video calling app using BlueStacks is listed below:
- Step 1: Open BlueStacks and look at the right-hand corner. You’d see a search button.
- Step 2: Type “FaceTime” into it and hit enter.
- Step 3: You’ll be taken to Google Play Store where you’ll have to sign in. Create a Google account if you don’t have one already.
- Step 4: You should be able to see FaceTime on the screen. Select that, and the app will start installing on its own.
- Step 5: After installation, you’ll notice, every time you open the app, it’ll open via BlueStacks
FaceTime for Windows PC Without BlueStacks
For folk who can’t access BuleStack or can’t make faceTime work with the emulator, we have an alternative.
- 1. Go to the official Youwave website. Download and install the software.
- 2. Open Youwave then search for FaceTime. Like in BlueStacks, you’ll be taken to Google Play Store, where you need to sign in.
- 3. FaceTime should appear on your screen. Click on it, and it’ll automatically start installing.
- 4. Now everytime you open FaceTime it’ll open via Youwave.
Download FaceTime for Windows 10:
Windows 10 is Microsoft’s latest offering, and by the company’s own admittance, it is the last one in the line of Windows 10. It’ll be interesting to see what Microsoft comes up with in future. Meanwhile, for folks who want FaceTime for Windows 10, can follow the above methods because the APK files are compatible with Windows latest version. The 3 methods listed above should 2 work fine, but if you face any problem, reach out to us from the comment section below.
FaceTime for Mac
FaceTime is available on Macintosh computers that run Mac OS X 10.6.6 onwards. FaceTime Audio is available on any Macintosh with a forward-facing camera running Mac OS X 10.9.2 and later. All Macbook come with FaceTime installed into them. But if they don’t simply head the Apply Store online and download it into your Mac.
FaceTime for Mac: System Requirement
- iPhone 4 and later models
- iPad 2 and later models
- iPad mini (all models)
- iPod touch 4th generation or later models
For all the fuss around Apple’s popular video-calling app – FaceTime, it’s not available on non-Apple devices. You can, of course use the methods listed above, or you can go for alternatives.
Besides faceTime Skype is another popular video-calling app. It’s available for free and supports Mac, Linux, Microsoft Windows, as well as Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows smartphones and tablets.
Facetime App Download For Mac
Much like another decent service that can be used for video calling and group chatting. In several Android smartphones, Hangouts is the default application for text messaging. However to access the service you need to have a Google account.
LINE was launched in 2011 and has around 170 million active user accounts. The service can is used for exchanging texts, images, video and audio, and conduct free VoIP conversations and video conferences on devices.
We are listing down some of the usually asked questions regarding how the app works, as per Apple’s official site.
How to Turn on FaceTime
- Open your FaceTime app and sign in with your Apple ID (you can also do this from Settings > FaceTime).
- If you’re using an iPhone, FaceTime automatically registers your phone number. To also register your email address on your iPhone, tap Settings > FaceTime > Use your Apple ID for FaceTime, and sign in.
- If you’re using an iPad or iPod touch, register your email address by tapping Settings > FaceTime > Use your Apple ID for FaceTime, and sign in.
How to Turn Off FaceTime?
- Step 1: First launch the Settings application from the Home Screen of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Step 2: Now click on FaceTime.
- Step 3: Finally, click on the switch placed next to FaceTime to turn off the application.
How to restrict FaceTime to imply parental controls?
- Step 1: First launch the Settings application from the Home Screen of your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
- Step 2: Now click on the ‘General’ option which you will find halfway down the list.
- Step 3: After that click on the ‘Restrictions’ option which you will notice halfway down the list.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘Enable Restrictions’ option, if it is not enabled already.
- Step 5: Then provide a ‘Passcode’.
- Step 6: Finally, click on the ‘Switch’ placed next to the FaceTime application to disable the video telephony application.
How to make FaceTime Calls?
To make a FaceTime call, you need the person’s phone number or registered email address. There are a few ways to make a FaceTime call:
- In the FaceTime app, enter the person’s phone number or email address then tap the FaceTime video or audio icon.
- If you have the person’s phone number or email address saved in your Contacts, you can enter their name, then tap the video or audio icon.
- You can also begin a FaceTime video call from your iPhone during a call. Tap the FaceTime icon during the phone call to talk using FaceTime.
How to manage addresses, numbers, and caller ID on FaceTime
To start using FaceTime you have to log in with your iPhone phone number and an Apple ID email address so that people can contact through this details on the video telephony application. But you can add new addresses any time you want, such as a work address or a school address. Also, you can remove those addresses at any time too. But keep one thing in mind that you have to set any active address or number as your FaceTime Caller ID. So if you set an active number or address as your Caller ID, no matter which Apple product you are using to make a FaceTime call, people will always ve able to reach you and there will be zero confusion about who is calling them.
How to block contacts on FaceTime?
Blocking contacts is an essential feature of all the social media platforms, and FaceTime is not an exception too.Loads of insignificant people annoy us every day on FaceTime. Moreover, we also have to face the harassment of the spammers and prank callers. So to silence them all and to get rid of all these nuisances, you can easily block those contacts on FaceTime and they won’t be able to further contact you until you unblock them again. So check out below how to block contacts on FaceTime.
- Step 1: First, launch the faceTime application from the Home Screen of your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
- Step 2: Then click on the Info button placed next to the name of the contact you wish to block.
- Step 3: After that, you will find a ‘Block this Caller’ option at the bottom of your screen.
- Step 4: Finally click on the ‘Block Contact’ option to block the contact.
Earlier, this fantastic video calling system was restricted to only Apple users. We hope our guide comes handy and for anyone who wants to use FaceTime for PC and FaceTime for Android. Let us know if you face any problem with the guide.
Video calling is becoming more and more popular as everyone now has access to a smartphone and Internet. Taking advantage of these growing market, a lot of video calling applications have launched for various smartphones. But there is one application that beats them all and its known as FaceTime app. The application is exclusively available for Apple devices which means you can’t use it on any other device. So if you own an Apple device then you can easily download it. In this article, you will find the easiest ways to download FaceTime for Mac as well as iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
FaceTime app works easily on all the Apple devices but it is not free to download. But, since it is extremely easy to set up and use it, the application has become the favorite among the smartphone users. The main feature of the application is that it makes it easy for you to talk with your friends and loved ones face-to-face even when you both live in different parts of the world. The best thing about the application is that FaceTime is the perfect app and you will never say the words that FaceTime is not working for me. So let’s just get in the article and have a quick look at the features of the best video calling application for iOS.
FaceTime App for Mac – Features:
There are a lot of different features of the application that makes it the most popular choice among iOS users. The app provides you the ability that allows you to hangout with your friends and family members even when you are not present in person.
That’s the one thing that makes purchasing FaceTime application worth it. I mean, you are in a completely different part of the world and by using the app, you can not only make video calls through your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch or Mac but also make FaceTime calls over mobile networks and be with your loved ones in an heartbeat.
Best features of FaceTime app for Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch:
- It’s extremely easy to set up the application. All you have to do is enter your Apple ID and within seconds, you will have the app up and running.
- You can easily make calls to people who are already in your address book. If you talk with someone more often than the others then you can add them in the Favorites section to make it easy to call them in the future.
- With FaceTime app, you can easily make video calls to other Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, an iPod Touch or another Mac.
- If you are making Mac-to-Mac calls, then using the Mac with a standard-definition camera, you can receive VGA quality videos. Moreover you can receive video calls in HD at up to 720p on supported devices.
- You can not only make video calls with FaceTime app but you can also make calls over mobile networks using the app.
- When a call is incoming on your Mac, you will know about it even when FaceTime isn’t running. Moreover, if you own multiple Macs then it will ring on all of them so that you can answer from any one.
- Using it is extremely simple, for example, if you want to start a video call with someone, just find the entry in your contacts list and tap the FaceTime button or if you are already on a call and want to switch to video call, you just have to hit the FaceTime button.
- You can use both the camera on your phone. With the back camera, you can show what’s going on in the surroundings to the person you are talking to.
Also Read:Download GarageBand for Mac and Windows PC
How to Download FaceTime for Mac?
It’s extremely simple to download the FaceTime app on your Mac because all you have to do is go to the Mac App Store, search for the app using the search box and then purchase it and install it on your device. That’s everything that you need to do to download FaceTime for Mac and nothing else because the official FaceTime client for Mac is available.
To download the video calling application on your Mac, you simply have to click on the below link and purchase the app to have it installed on your Mac.
>FaceTime App Download for Mac
Now that you have successfully installed the application on your Mac, you just have the set up the application using your Apple ID and you are good to go.
Download FaceTime for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Since it is one of the most useful applications to make video calls on your iOS device, it comes pre-installed on the Apple smartphones.
It means that FaceTime comes pre-installed on iPhone, iPad as well as iPod Touch and you can access it easily as it is bundled with the Phone app on your recent device.
Since the application is present by default on your iOS device, you don’t need to download it again but if you have a Mac or any similar device like Mac Mini etc. then you will have to download the video chat app from the app store in order to make video calls to your friends and family members.
Recommended:ShowBox for Mac, iPhone Download
How to Set Up FaceTime App for Mac?
Once you have installed FaceTime for Mac, you will have to launch the application and then login first using your Apple ID. You don’t need to have a credit card attached with your Apple ID to make this work.
Once you have logged in, you need to go to Preferences from the app’s menu and specify how you can be reached on that Mac. Add your contact number, you email address as your contact info so that anyone that have these information can make a FaceTime call to you.
Read:Download FaceTime for Windows PC
So that was the complete article where I explained how you can download FaceTime App for Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and showed you how you can easily setup the application on your Mac to start making video calls.
However if you think that I missed out on some important information, or if you are stuck at some settings and you don’t know how to go ahead from there then you simply have to drop a comment below with your problems and queries and allow us to help you out.
If you really liked the article to download FaceTime for Mac as well as iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch then do us a favor and share the post with your friends and family members so that they too can stay in touch with you no matter where they currently are.