Together with the easy-to-use DJI Fly app on your iPhone or iPad, you’ll have a simplified flying experience and a perspective unlike any other. Compact and portable Weighing under 250 grams, Mavic Mini is exceptionally portable and ranks in the lowest and safest weight class of drones, which in many countries may exempt it from certain. DJI Flight Simulator Embrace drone technology as an integral part of work with the DJI Flight Simulator — a professional pilot training software using DJI’s leading flight control technology to recreate the natural flying experience. You can download DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic 2.0.10 for Mac from our software library for free. The file size of the latest downloadable installation package is 379.1 MB. DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic for Mac relates to System Tools. Our antivirus scan shows that this Mac download is malware free. Assistant Software for Mac. Mac style interface Clean, modern Mac inspired interface that Mac users will love. Different system, same operation Usage is the same on Mac and PC versions, so if you’re used to the PC version you can switch straight over. No more driver installs No more downloading drivers to install Assistant.
Now that you have taken excellent aerial shots of, for example, the snow-capped mountain peaks, it is time to edit the DJI drone footage and share it over social media. This is exactly where a DJI video editing software can come to your rescue by transforming the captured frames into pure magic. This article rounds up the best 5 video editors in 2020 for you to enhance the action camera videos. We break down the issue by answering these questions:
- 1. Does DJI Have a Video Editor?
- 2. Edit DJI Video on PC vs on Mobile, What's In for Us?
- 3. What Are the Top 5 Video Editing Software for DJI Drone Videos?
- 4. How to Edit DJI Video Footages Easily on Windows/Mac?
- 5. DJI Video Edting Tips: What to Do with Drone Videos
Does DJI Have a Video Editor?
Yes, DJI users mostly bank on its default application, DJI GO 4 for shooting, editing and sharing videos on their mobile devices. But it doesn’t have any PC version. It could be increasingly difficult for people who prefer to edit video on a bigger screen with more functions.
Edit DJI Video on PC vs on Mobile, What's In for Us?
DJI GO 4 app runs on a mobile, and it is a nice choice to edit drone videos on-the-go. That said, there are some pitfalls that could make your mobile editing a nightmare:
• DJI videos are saved in cached versions in the DJI GO app. Thus, if you wish to edit and save it at high definition, i.e., better image quality, you will have to download its copy from the SD card of your drone to the computer. Then why not proceed to edit on PC with more flexibility?
• Working on a PC also makes things seem easier as you get to operate on a wider interface where everything can be navigated to without having to break any sweat.
• Smartphones usually are not equipped with adequate memory which is necessary for saving large 4K DJI footages.
• Action camera and drones use highly compressed codec to store video files, by so doing, they are able to capture videos at 1080p/4k and higher resolutions while keeping the file size small. However, decoding the highly compressed codec requires more computing power, and may cause problems such as iPhone overheating or app crashing.
Every now and then, you will find yourself search for the best DJI video editing software on Windows or Mac, and all the above annoyance would gone for good with the right tool.
The Top 5 Video Editing Software for DJI Drone Videos
#1. VideoProc [Fastest and Easiest for Processing 4K HEVC DJI Videos]
What are the challenges you will be meeting in DJI video editing? We notice there are complaining such as: software too complex to learn, not enough format support, low-spec computer stutters and freezes during editing, or it takes forever to export a short video.
All your headache ends with VideoProc. This lightweight video processing software can help you to cut videos without learning curve, with nice filters, advanced stabilization algorithm, and powerful GPU acceleration for fast rendering and exporting.
• Process 1080p, 4k, 8k videos without glitches or high CPU usage
• Speed up or slow down drone videos to highlight a moment
• Convert highly compressed DJI video format to editing-friendly codec
• Stabilize video with advanced deshake algorithm
• Cut videos, add filters, adjust brightness, color, add subtitles, etc.
#2. Adobe Premiere Pro [Best for Backing Up HEVC DJI Videos Data through Adobe Creative Cloud]
This industry-leading video editing software can serve you well while trying to edit the footages captured through your DJI Drone. It can be used as a DJI drone video editor that is powered to the core by Adobe Sensei which helps in crafting polished footages having a professional appeal.
• Has the ability of exporting videos in a variety of formats.
• All the data gets backed up automatically in Apple Cloud.
• Comes with enhanced tracking as well as masking capabilities.
• Footages can be edited in all formats ranging from 8K to virtual reality.
#3. Cyberlink Power Director [Best Choice for 360-Degree Drone Camera Users]
If you have a 360-degree drone camera, then you are bound to feel benefitted from using the Cyberlink Power Director. This versatile tool can proceed with synchronized editing of footages captured using multiple cameras. You can use it as a DJI drone video editing software.
• Vector shapes can be both applied and edited using precise keyframe controls and auto-fit text.
• Motion graphic elements can be merged with the titles of videos to impart a stylish look.
• 18 transition effects can add a professional touch to your captured footages.
• Supports multi-GPU acceleration and OpenCL for editing 4K clips as well as videos without succumbing to system lag.
Dji Mimo For Mac
#4. Davinci Resolve [Free Choice for Easing Out the Post-Production Process]
This software has gained a lot of popularity amongst professional video editors who make use of the same in free post-production process. A unique thing about Davinci Resolve is that it can handle parallel engines for enhancing the color grading process as well as quality.
• Supports real-time video editing in 2K resolution.
• Offers powerful new features like speed wrap, facial recognition etc.
• Both effects and grades can be applied to clips.
• End projects can be directly uploaded to Vimeo and YouTube.
#5. iMovie [Built-in Mac Tool for Amateur Users]
This tool comes built-in to every Mac system and even features an easy learning curve making it ideal for amateur users. iMovie can serve you well if you wish to undertake basic editing work on footages. It features an intuitive design and simple accompanying instructions which can enhance your knowledge about the same.
• Can be used on your iPhone and iPad apart from Mac laptops or PCs.
• Support 4K video editing without suffering quality loss.
• Animated titles and credits can be added to the footages from the dozens of available styles.
• 10 high fidelity video filters can impart a professional look to your movie.
How to Edit DJI Video Footages Easily on Windows/Mac?
It becomes extremely easy to transcode, tweak and adjust (4K/large) videos captured using DJI cameras through VideoProc. Once you have added the video, you will be presented with an array of options which can guide you through the processing part. This also holds true for amateur users who are trying our video processing for the very first time.
1. Convert: You can convert videos by first importing the source video and next selecting the target format before the transcoding process.
2. Cut: You can cut or trim DJI videos by selecting the tool from the Edit toolbar and specifying the position by dragging the dual green knobs.
3. Split: Choose the Split option from the Toolbox and select the parts you wish to keep by moving the dual green knobs.
4. Stabilize/Deshake: DJI's in-camera stabilization won't work in certain resolutions, and that's where post-production comes to your aid. Videos can be stabilized by selecting the Deshake option from the Toolbox and trimming the shaky segments by moving the green cursors.
5. Reduce Noise: Drone audio noise can be reduced or removed by selecting the Denoise option from the Toolbox tab and making your selection by moving the green cursors.
6. Merge: Videos can be merged by first loading your preferred clips and clicking on the Merge button appearing on the main interface.
7. Remove Fisheye: Clicking on the Fisheye option from the Toolbox tab can provide you with access to lens correction controls. You can trim the segments having fisheye effect by simply moving the green cursors.
8. Adjust Speed: The feature of playback speed adjusting is somewhat hidden in the DJI video editor. Click any option on the Toobbox of VideoProc, switch to the first option – Audio & Video, glide left or right the control bar and adjust the playback speed from 0.10x to 16x.
The Level-3 Hardware Acceleration Technology helps VideoProc in processing videos 47 times faster than its peer tools. All of this is done by diminishing CPU usage for enhancing the longevity of your computer.
DJI Video Edting Tips: What to Do with Drone Videos
• Split/Cut: remove any unwanted clips, such as crash from the last flight.
• Correct color/brightness: keep the frames protected from under or over exposure which becomes extremely necessary when the sun is around.
• Stabilize shaky video: remove all signs of shakiness from the captured frames.
• Change speed: creates slow-mo as well as time-lapse videos which are currently in rage amongst media professionals.
• Zoom: as it doesn’t always become possible to fly very close to the target object.
• Mute or reduce noise: remove the interference caused by wind as well as the device itself.
• Some other popular demands on DJI drone video editing are color grading, intra-frame coding, D-log setting, video compression, barrel distortion removal, time remapping, 4K video rendering, tilt shift, camera tracking, overlay, motion tracking etc.
DJI videos usually have high bit depth, high frame rate, ultra-high resolution (such as 4K), high bitrate, etc. The common video editing tools available in the market are inadequate to handle the same and usually succumb to quality degradation as well as crash. This in turn creates the requirement of a professional video editing software which we have listed down below.
We hope our todays discussion could add value to your knowledge about best DJI video editing software. Although each one of them come with their own set of bells and whistles, VideoProc stands out from its peers with its versatile functionality which can help you undertake holistic video processing functions irrespective of your skill level.
'Please help me, how to download DJI Go 4 app for my windows computer…I have Mavic Pro drone and I can't edit video with my iPhone. I used iPhone 6s plus 64 GB. My phone hasn't extra memory; I need the DJI Go 4 app for my windows computer.' – A User from DJI forum.
Many of you might have undergone similar situations and want to download and install DJI Go 4 App on your desktop or laptop. DJI GO 4 is great on iPhone and Android to control drones, and edit videos captured by your machine. But sometimes, you might want a desktop version because…
• Lack of storage space on iPhone: 4K is storage-hunger, you might run out of storage place soon on your iPhone.
• iPhone screen too small for video editing: It's so much easier to control drones and edit footage on a larger PC screen.
• DJI Go 4 stuttering when editing large 4K videos on iPhone/iPad: Computers equipped with powerful CPU and GPU performs smoother to edit high res videos.
It would definitely nice if we can download DJI Go 4 App on a laptop, but the sad news is, currently, DJI has not yet developed any desktop version of this application. Don't walk away yet, if you want DJI Go 4 installed simply because you want a fast and smooth 4K video editing software that are simple to use and keeps best image quality, you can download the best DJI Go 4 alternative on Windows 10.
DJI GO 4 compatible Devices
All the devices & series mentioned in the outline below are the best DJI Application supporting Devices
iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone X
iPad 2017, iPad 2018, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro 2015, iPad Pro 2016, iPad Pro 2017, iPad Pro 2018
Asus ZenpadS,S8, Z8, DJI Crystal sky, Google Nexus5,7,9, LGV20, V30, Samsung GalaxyA5,A50,A8,J7,J7 Prime, J7 Pro,Sky, Note 3,4,5,8,9, S10,S7,S7+,S8, S8+,S9,S9+, Sony XperiaZ2, Z3, Zpremium, Xiomi
Use best DJI Go 4 alternative for Windows 10/8/7
Will We See a DJI GO 4 on Windows 10 in the Future?
Though DJI Go 4 is not currently compatible with Windows 10, DJI is collaborating with Microsoft to release a software development kit. So that it's still promising that users can have a Windows version of DJI Go 4 or whatever DJI name this drone controller and video editing combo. The features of drone technology might be used to strengthen and elevate multiple industries from farming, construction to public safety.
DJI and Microsoft will implement a blend of Azure loT Edge & AI technology to empower and standardize both business and personal life on a global scale. The commercial development of drones shall save time, money and excess manual labor in due course. However, the project is in pipeline as of now and thus users are advised to opt for a DJI Go 4 alternative for Windows 10 which can help them with video editing.
Best DJI Go 4 Alternative For Windows
Though DJI Go 4 is yet available for desktop users, there are many great DJI video editing software to enhance your drone videos, as well as gimbal vlogs and Osmo Action footage. One ready example is VideoProc, which is programmed to efficiently handle 4K HEVC/H265 and H264 videos.
Drone videos captured by DJI are highly compressed and thus very unfriendly for editing software. VideoProc has 370+ codecs built-in to decode demanding format and re-encode it into something easy for editing.
This software has basic editing tools just as DJI Go 4, and there are some highlighted features:
• GPU accelerated to preview, render and export your high res drone videos;
• Remove wind noise from video clips;
• Fix shaky videos with advanced stabilization algorithm;
• Easy to use tools: cut, trim, rotate, merge your clips, add effects and adjust colors;
• Export to various formats based on your needs.
Dji For Mac Pro
Click below to upgrade to VideoProc Lifetime License with 55% OFF discount coupon $35.95
Making sure you choose the right shooting modes and set parameters right on your drones, which is the essential part in DJI video editing. Then you can use DJI go 4 on iPhone or VideoProc on desktop to cut your footage. VideoProc serves as an excellent DJI Go 4 alternative for Windows 10 in terms of video editing & conversion. Try it out today and get ready to enjoy the innumerable possibilities it brings along.