Android File Transfer. One of the most popular and easiest ways to transfer files between Android. Android File Transfer is an official app developed by Google with which you can easily transfer files from your Android device to any computer running Mac OS X. To transfer any file, you just have to install the app on your computer and connect the Android device using a USB cable, selecting the MTP option. Android File Transfer is an app built for the Mac to help your machine recognize your device. Once the device is recognized, the app acts as a file manager to let you add files to your device, download files from your device, and perform a few other file management tasks on your files.
Mac operating system smoothly works with iPhone, but you may face some difficulties while accessing your Android phone with Mac OS together to transfer files from Android phone to Mac and vice-versa. However, Apple doesn't provide users a lot of flexibility to use Mac with Android.
In this article, we will discuss some best Android file transfer Mac OS applications that can transfer files from Android phone to Mac and vice-versa.
Samsung File Transfer For Mac
Best Android file transfer Mac OS apps
Android File Transfer for Mac by Google
Android File Transfer for Mac is an official app published by Google to easily transfer files from your Android phone to Mac OS X running on 10.7 or later. You just need to install this app on your Mac operating system and connect it to your Android phone through USB cable.
Download and Install
- Download the Android File Transfer app by clicking here.
- Once the download finished, double-click the dmg file to install.
- Now, from the installer window, you can drag and drop files to applications.
Transfer files to Mac
- First of all, you need to connect your Android phone with Mac OS via USB cable.
- Once the both devices are connected, Android File Transfer app opens automatically. If the application does not open, click it to open manually.
- Browse the file on your Android device which you want to transfer to Mac device.
- Select the files from the numerous of options available and manage your files, folders, documents, etc. between both Mac and Android devices.
How to fix a problem if Android File Transfer Mac not working?
Once you install the AndroidFileTransfer.dmg app on your PC and connect your phone to Mac, both devices recognize each other and establish a connection. However, sometime there may be trouble and display a message, 'Could not connect to the device. Try to reconnect or restart your device'.
To fix this problem and transfer your file successfully between Android phone and Mac device, you may perform the three different ways or any of them to fix it.
Android USB replacement or USB debugging
One of the most common issues is the use of a damaged USB cable. Replace your current USB cable and use a brand new. Try once again to connect your devices and start the file transfer process. If this process doesn't work, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Connect your Android phone and Mac OS via USB cable.
- Now, go to your Android phone Settings.
- Tap on the USB Debugging option and select Media device (MTP).
Android phone update
Updating your Android phone may be another way to fix Android File Transfer to Mac.
- Go to your Android phone
- Visit at SystemUpdate section and update your Android phone.
- Restart your Android phone and connect it to Mac OS and try to use the file transfer app.
Update your Mac
- First of all, you need to check your Mac operating system, whether it has a 10.7 or higher version. If not, update your Mac OS.
- Check whether the Android File Transfer app is properly installed on your Mac or not. If not, install it.
- Restart your Mac device.
MacDroid is an excellent application that establishes a connection between Mac OS and Android phones and tablets. Using this application, you can easily access your Android files on Mac device. The MacDroid supports OS X Yosemite and newer Mac OS.
MacDroid provides a smooth connection between Android and Mac OS and offers fast and problem-free file transfer. It transfers images, videos, audio, and other different types of files. The app requires a USB cable to connect devices.
How to transfer files between Mac and Android
- Download MacDroid app and install it on your Mac device.
- Select any one of the available connection modes - ADB or MTP.
- According to your mode of selection, it prompts the instructions and follows these instructions to connect your Android device with MacOS.
- Now, start your file transferring.
Commander One app simply allows you to plug and transfer your files from the Android device to the Mac operating system using a USB cable. This app provides a dual-panel user interface. The app includes browse files on iOS devices, work with archives, and cloud storage services. It also offers file sharing between cloud and your device and vice-versa.
How to transfer files between the Android device and MacOS
- Download the Commander One app and install it on your Mac.
- Launch your app once the installation finished.
- Now, connect your Android device with MacOS via USB cable. The app automatically detects your Android device and display the files stored on your phone.
- Drag and drop the files which you want to transfer across devices.
Droid NAS also offers you to quickly transfer files from your Android phone to your Mac OS. This app requires a Wi-Fi connection and Mac OS version, which has a built-in Bonjour protocol. To transfer files between both Android devices and Mac OS, connect them with the same wireless internet connection.
SyncMate app supports multiple devices and contains well features in it. The app treats your Android device as a separate Mac disc and easily browse your Android phone and tablet via finder. You only need to simply drag and drop a file from Android to Mac and from Mac to Android.
SyncMate has a simple user interface, easy to operate, and offers fast file transfer. It supports photos, playlists, music, and folders transfer. The positive aspect of this app is that it syncs data directly between apps on your Android device and MacOS.
How to transfer files between Mac and Android using SyncMate
- Download SyncMate application and install it on your Mac OS.
- Now, launch the app on MacOS and connect your Android device to Mac by clicking on the 'Add New' option available at the left panel and select your Android device.
- Connect both devices using a USB cable.
- The feature of files transferring between devices is available in the Expert version, so you need to upgrade your free version app.
- Visit the Summary tab and choose the 'Mount disk' option.
- Now, go to Finder, and you will see the Android device appears in the Mac OS disk. Select the files that you want to transfer from the Android device to Mac OS or from Mac OS to the Android device.
MobiKin Assistant for Android
MobiKin Assistant for Android (for Mac version) is another alternative for Android File Transfer for Mac OS. It allows transferring photos, videos, music, contact, messages, etc. between Android devices and Mac OS. It also provides features to backup and restores your data on the phone.
dr.fone - Transfer
Dr.fone - Transfer is another excellent Android File Transfer app that allows to file transfer between Android phone and Mac OS and vice-versa. It provides you the quick and problem-free transfer of text files, audio, contacts, photos, and SMS messages, etc. This app offers to comfortably manage media files on your Android device with your PC so that you can easily export, delete, and add new files.
Features of dr.fone Transfer
- It allows transferring media files between Android smartphones and iTunes.
- It also allows transferring media files between Android smartphones and computers.
- It transfers all kinds of media files.
How to transfer files between Android and Mac using dr.fone
There are three simple steps to transfer files from an Android device to Mac and from Mac to Android device. Your personal data are protected with advanced encryption technology during the data transfer.
- Connect your Android device with Mac OS.
- Select files that you want to transfer between devices.
- The mechanism of file transferring gets started.
AirDroid application gives facility to transfer different types of files from Android device to Mac OS and vice-versa. The app is compatible with iOS, Windows, and AirDroid web operating system. Both devices Android and Mac OS need to connect with the same Wi-Fi networks. It supports documents, photos, APKs, videos, music for transfer. It also allows transferring the entire folder at a single time.
Features of AirDroid
- The app supports all kinds of file transfer to various operating systems such as Mac, Linux, Windows, and Android devices.
- It keeps backup of your photos and videos from Android devices to computers.
- It offers to reply the mobile messages of various massaging apps like WhatsApp, Line, Telegram, etc. from a desktop computer.
- Locate your phone when it gets lost.
Dukto R6 application transfer files over the Local Area Network perfectly. This app perfectly works with Android, Mac OS, Windows, and Symbian systems. It only gives a single feature known as file transfer. This app is identical to Android File Transfer for Mac of Google.
As the name suggests, HandShaker application makes two different operating systems that connects and work together. HandShaker allows transferring files and folders between Android devices and Mac OS very easily. Both devices need to connect with the same Wi-Fi networks. The app provides a high-speed file transfer facility. Using this app, you easily manage your content on both devices.
You may be wondering whether you can transfer files from Android to Mac. Well, it is possible and easy to transfer files, photos, and any type of data from one type of operating system to another. The internet is flooded with the software you can use to make a transfer from Android to Mac without any difficulty.
But first, you will have to install certain software or apps on your Mac machine before you can interact with your Android device. Regular Mac users won’t have any difficulty getting around this. However, new users may certainly want to learn how to transfer files from their Android devices to their Mac machines.
In this article, we have explained various ways of transferring files from Android to Mac and the best transfer software that can be used easily.
Part 1: How to Accomplish File Transfer From Android to Mac Machine Using dr.fone-Phone Manager
One of the most ideal ways to accomplish file transfer from Android to Mac is the dr.fone. This tool makes enables Android users to easily transfer files from Android to mac with only a click. This tool can transfer messages, audio, and contacts among other types of files. You can also use it to transfer files from Android to iTunes and vice versa.
This software can also transfer data easily between two Android devices. One of the things that makes this software a great one is that it is compatible with all Android versions.
You can transfer files from Android to Mac through dr.fone-Phone Manager using the following steps.
- Download and run the dr.fone-Phone Manager app on your Mac computer. Identify its control panel and tap on the “Phone Manager” module.
- Connect your Android-enabled device to Mac using a digital cable.
- Wait for your Mac device to detect your Android device and then go to the menu bar select the media file you want to transfer.
- For instance, you can click on the “Photos” media file. In this case, select all the desired photos.
- Lastly, click or tap on the “Export to PC” button and the photos will be moved to the Mac system
Part 2: How to Accomplish File Transfer From Android to Mac Using Android File Transfer
Google has developed Android File Transfer as a dedicated tool to Mac users who want to transfer their files between Android and Mac devices. The app will help you Mac recognize your Android device. The app will then function as a file manager, allowing you to download files from the device, add files from the device, and do some other important file management tasks.
You can follow the following steps to transfer your files from your Android device to a Mac machine using this amazing data transfer software.
- Download and install the app on your Mac computer or MacBook.
- Next, launch the Settings app on your Android device and then tap on the Developer options. Now, turn on USB debugging.
- Use a USB cable to plug-in your Android-based device to your MacBook or Mac computer. From the Launchpad on the Mac computer, launch the file transfer tool, which is the Android File Transfer app.
- The app is going to recognize all directories and files on your Android device
- Select the files you want to transfer and copy them to your Mac from by dragging and dropping them onto the desktop.
Part 3: How to Accomplish File Transfer From Android to Mac Machine Using Samsung Smart Switch
Developed by Samsung Company, the Samsung mart Switch is one of the most reliable data transfer apps used to transfer files from Android to mac. What makes this app an ideal choice for most Android users is that it supports a wide range of file types, including call logs, messages, and applications as well as media files.
Download Android File Transfer For Mac
Here are the steps to follow to undertake file transfer from Android to mac:
Ifile For Mac
- Download and launch the Samsung Smart Switch on a Mac system
- Next, use a USB cable to connect the Android device with our files to Mac.
- Now, click on the “More” button and then select “Preferences”. Proceed by selecting the desired file types
- Next, go back again to the main page then tap on the “Backup” button so as to transfer the files to your Mac.
File Transfer App
To sum it up, transferring files from Android to Mac should be a hassle-free process especially if you use any of the above procedures. Losing files can be very devastating, but you can use any of these tools to safely transfer the files.